Best frugal living tips that you should know
Frugality is based on the principle of "spending as necessary", some consider this action as stingy. But for me, it is relative to the level at which it is implemented and the objective pursued.
These tips do not seek to make you an Ebenezer Scrooge; on the contrary they are to help you discern in what you are investing your money and how you can save money. And if you have goals that you want to fulfil, how can you achieve them without getting into debt? I see them as an awareness of the use of our income. They would be surprised at the number of people who have income that can be considered "healthy" and still not enough and drown in debt. Avoid being one of these people.
Personally I do not consider myself an extremely frugal person, I have some habits that a feudalist would consider atrocious, but if I consider myself a person quoting his expenses and measured, I do not tend to spend on what is not necessary.
Myths of leading a frugal life:
• If I live frugally, I will be a millionaire (there may be extraordinary cases, but it is not common)
• Being frugal, is being stingy (That depends a lot on you and if you apply it in an extreme way)
• To live depriving oneself is not life. (It's relative to your goals, you choose to invest, and nobody prevents you from anything)
• The frugal people do not spend (they spend but they cut the expenses considered unnecessary)
• I will never eat rich or plentiful again. (Being frugal does not indicate that you should eat rice and noodles every day; keeping yourself healthy is a golden rule for not spending on medicines)
• I will be a hermit; I cannot have a social life. (You can leave everything you want; the choice of activities makes a difference.)
• My clothes will be old, worn and broken. (Only if you want it, nobody deprives you of buying clothes.)
And many more like these. Trust me; these are just a few examples.
To carry this philosophy forward you need two things: organization and planning. But do not be afraid, my friend, if none of these is your strong point. I will show you and help you so that you can specify what you propose.
These are some general tips; little by little on the blog I will develop ways to take them forward, with tips, recipes, and other tools so you can implement them successfully.
Best frugal living tips
1. Organize yourself monetarily; control your income and expenses.
2. Create a budget and stick to it.
3. Write a meal plan and the corresponding market list.
4. Never go shopping hungry.
5. Learn to cook.
6. If you do not have a freezer and you can have it, do it!
7. Buy in quantity.
8. Take advantage of discount coupons and promotions.
9. Buy in your neighborhood and in small shops.
10. Use the same ingredients in different foods.
11. Include less meat in your meals.
12. Incorporate more grains and legumes into your diet.
13. Make purchases once a week or every 15 days.
14. Eliminates soda and artificial juices. Drink water.
15. Make your own cleaning and hygiene products.