About Hotel Management Education in India
Planning to pursue hotel management in India? You can check out some of the top degree courses that are available after completing the 10+2 or equivalent examination. Hotel management, after all, is one of the top careers globally and India is a hub for leading hotel management institutions which offer a variety of courses and other programmes for aspirants. With increasing disposable income amongst the India, their searches for hotels near me and in far-off tourist places have been ever increasing.
Here's looking at the top course options available after 12th grade education in India -
- BHM (Bachelor of Hotel Management) is offered by 57 colleges and is a 4-year degree course
- BHMCT (Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology) is a 4-year degree course and is offered by 62 colleges
- B. Sc. In Hotel Management is a 3-year degree course and is offered by 29 colleges
- B. Sc. in Culinary Arts is offered by 10 colleges and is a 3-year course
- BBA in Hotel Management is a 3-year course offered by 24 colleges
- B. Sc. in Hotel Management and Catering Technology is a 3-year course offered by 17 colleges
- B. Sc. in Hospitality and Hotel Administration is a 3-years course offered by 21 colleges
Employment opportunities post pursuing a course in Hotel Management is huge. Hotels in Delhi, hotels in Mumbai, hotels across all major cities and towns in India have been growing steadily. The college counts are meant to provide just a rough idea and there could be even more since loads of institutions are coming up every year in the country. There are several diploma courses that can be taken after completing 10+2. These include the following:
- Diploma in Hotel Management
- Diploma in Hotel Management and Catering Technology
- Diploma in Food Production
- Diploma in Bakery and Confectionary
- Advanced Diploma in Hotel Management
- Advanced Diploma in International Culinary Arts
- Certificate Program in Food Production
- Diploma in Hotel Management, Catering Technology and Tourism
- Graduate/Executive Diploma in Hotel Management
There are several hotel management courses that can be pursued post-graduation as well. These include the following:
- MBA in Tourism and Hotel Management
- MBA in Hotel Management
- M. Sc. in Hotel Management
- P.G. Diploma in Hotel and Tourism Management
- PGD in Hotel Management
- Master of Hotel Management
- M. Sc. in Hotel & Hospitality Management
- M. Sc. in Hospitality & Hotel Administration
- PGD in Hotel Management, Catering & Tourism Technology
- M. Sc. in Hotel Management, Catering Technology and Tourism
- M. Sc. in Food Service Management and Dietetics
Here's looking at the basic eligibility and other information-
- Aspirants have to clear 10+2 from a board that is recognized and should get at least 50% marks.
- Degree, diploma and postgraduate degree courses are available in this field.
- Certification courses are available with average durations of 6 months.
- There are 3-year degree courses and 2-year diploma and postgraduate degree courses available.
- Common entrance tests have to be passed in order to get admitted into colleges and universities which are recognized by the Government.
- There are entrance examinations conducted by private colleges and universities.